Saturday, December 12, 2015

Thank you, Mr. Target Good Deed!

This past week, I received a coupon in the mail for 10% off my total purchase at Target.  Woot woot!  I decided to go ahead and do my big grocery shopping trip for the month at Target and use the extra savings.  I already use my TargetDebit card, Cartwheel app, and coupons for some savvy savings so this coupon was an added bonus.  I took all three kids and did our usual bag of popcorn to keep them somewhat happy for the majority of the trip. 





When I was just about to check out, my phone died, thus not allowing me to access the Cartwheel app.  I took my grocery cart loaded with groceries to the customer service counter and left it there while I went out to the car and charged my phone for a few minutes.  It was at that moment, that I realized that Porter left his shoes and socks in the car so I had to carry both Porter and Madison while trying to keep Trevor out of traffic.  Trevor was having a meltdown because we left all our stuff in the store.  I get in the car and spent 5 min charging my phone and putting shoes on Porter.  Then I hauled everyone back in (much easier with Porter being able to walk) and retrieved our cart.




We put most everything on the belt at the checkout and waited for our turn.  Porter then had a meltdown because he wants to eat the candy bars, Trevor spilt the last of the popcorn on the floor and was laying on his stomach licking up the kernels, and Madison starts crying because she's just done.  I'm trying to held on to Porter (who is still flailing and crying) while trying to get Trevor to pick up the popcorn and not eat it, when a man approached me and offered me his 20% off total purchase coupon.  He said it expired in a couple days and wasn't going to use it.  "Merry Christmas" he said with a smile and turned and walked away.  I was completely speechless.  Although saving the extra $30 was awesome, I'm grateful that someone was willing to share.  And I guess the mom with loads of groceries, with two crying kids and the third one literally eating off the floor seemed like an appropriate recipient for such a gift.





Thank you, Mr. Target Good Deed, whoever you are!



No comments:

Post a Comment