Monday, January 3, 2011

Parasite

So as some of you may know, a couple of weeks ago I went to the ER with severe abdominal pains. Several tests were done, including ultrasounds, blood tests, and xrays. Results were inconclusive and I was sent home with pain killers and was told to call if it got any worse. Luckily it did get better.

However, in some of the blood tests, they did find that I have a parasite. This type is quite common among women between the ages of 20 and 40 although, cases have been found outside of that age range. This isn't something to worry about and in a few months, the parasite will be big enough that my body will pass it on it's own. At that point, we'll dress it up all cute and bring it home.

In the meantime, I taking lots of naps and enduring heartburn.

8 comments:

  1. Oh... No! You poor thing. I hope you're feeling better and am able to pass that sometime soon. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! SOO Sorry! I hope you get better soon and if you ever need anything let me know! I would be glad to help out in anyway that I can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for babies!!
    see, i told you to make sure you werent prego when you had all that stomach pain! lol
    congrats!
    whats the due date? end of july? august?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited for you guys! :) I must have read this totally wrong today when I was at work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats you guys! That is the best pregnancy announcement ever! I know its early but if you decide you want a doula let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve, it almost sounds like you are pregnant...a true medical miracle. I look forward to seeing the photos and seeing the story about you on TLC or the National Geographic Channel. :) Brian

    ReplyDelete