Sunday, November 1, 2009

WE ARE ENGAGED!

Yes... it has FINALLY happened! This passed Tuesday, Steve popped the question and of course I said yes! Here's how it happened:

We had planned on Tuesday to carve pumpkins. Steve had this great idea to have a pumpkin carving contest (everything is a contest or a race). So he set it up so that we were facing each other and couldn't see what the other person was carving. He was so excited that he had his pumpkin carved before I had mine cleaned out! So I quickly carved a face and scooted mine over to by his. He grabbed the camera and told me to close my eyes. He turned his pumpkin around and I opened my eyes. He had carved "Will you marry me?" in his pumpkin with the ring sticking out of the top. I got all chocked up and he came over and knelt down and put the ring on my finger.
It's amazing to be engaged to such a great man. It's been so much fun calling our friends and family and sharing our news.

December 22 will be a great day!

5 comments:

  1. How sweet! That's an awesome story you'll always have to share with your kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Steve is such a romantic. I didn't know you had a blog. Now maybe I can keep better in touch since I am really bad at that. Congrats again and we hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you guys. I had heard from the family that you guys were dating but I didn't know anything about Steve. This blog is a great way for us all to get to know him better. Thanks for the Wedding announcement and Christmas letter too. We love you guys. Happy wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look beautiful!

    congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! LOVE that story...magical!! Congratulations to you both; you look SO incredibly HAPPY!!

    ReplyDelete