Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our Half Marathon (June 13, 2009)

So this past summer, Steve and I ran the Helvetia Half Marathon in Beaverton, OR. I had been training since February and he started, well shortly after May 17th. It was so much fun training. One day we ran 5 miles and Steve said, "That's the furthest that I've ever ran!" Three days later we ran 11 miles. It rained on race day and it was super himid which is a bit rare for Oregon. We finished in 2 hours and 24 minutes... our times matching perfectly.

This was a big accomplishment for me because if you know me... you know that I am not vary athletic. But it was a goal that I set. I was able to complete the whole thing non-stop and even was able to sprint for the final .1 mile. It was amazing to have Steve right there beside me, encouraging me every step of the way... literally.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, I'm just getting caught up on this blog. I'm so proud of you and Steve for the half marathon. Way to go! You look so amazing and that is a huge goal to accomplish.

    I also loved the engagement story. So cute. We are excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete